Mar 7, 2012

The start of our time apart...

Real Dad and I packed him up and he began his move without the family on St. Patrick's day 2011. We took Real DS with us to the local coffee shop (our favorite place), and when I had to go to work Real Dad said good bye to the two of us and began his trip. I dropped Real DS off at daycare (he really had no clue that he wasn't going to see daddy again in person for awhile), and went to work.

I tried very hard not to cry at work that day, luckily I had a real office with a real door (not a cubicle) and was able to work behind the closed door for most of the day. Real Dad and I had not been apart for more then a week in the entire time we had been together (9 years at that point).

Real Grandma had moved in with us right after Real DS' birthday to help during the last part of my pregnancy and was able to stay to help with the kids while we lived apart. She understood considering she moved home with her son when Real Pop-pop was stationed overseas.

When I picked up Real DS he wanted to know where daddy was when we got home. I had to keep telling him that daddy had to go bye-bye for work and we would only be able to see him on the computer (once Real Dad got set back up, Skype is a wonderful thing). I had to stay in view of his bed that night (and every night after that) because he was afraid I was going to disappear too (Real DS was 2 at the time).

No comments:

Post a Comment